Tuesday, July 28, 2009

SHIOK COMPANY

Since coming to OZ, I've often reflected on how I should have spent more quality time with my family and friends in S'pore. I was always too busy working or too tired to make time for those very important people. It was only when I no longer had the luxury of catching up with them as and when I wish did I realize that my priorities were a little screwed.

Thanks to the lessons taught by months of separation, I no longer take such time with loved ones for granted. Hence it is no wonder that when Krishna & Ranjini decided to visit us for a couple of days, I was so over the moon! Hehehe!

Krishna is Mohan's friend from SP and is living with his wife Ranjini in Wollongong about a 2-hour drive away from our place. Although I've known both of them only for a few months now, I've grown pretty close to them. A lovely couple who are calm, sincere, well-spoken and very helpful. It is just so nice to have such people in the world.

Of course, there is yet another added bonus - this couple likes dogs! Hahaha! They put up with Bheemar and treat him real good.....well, like a baby too.

As I was saying, they came over on Thursday. Just having them around to chit chat and laugh with was such a blessing. It was also good to see Mohan having some fun besides work and TV. Ranjini & I stayed up all of Thursday night talking while the boys slept...well, in different rooms.
Having a girlfriend close by is an absolute bliss =)

Saturday night was spent playing mindless hangman games. Honestly, mindless...the boys came up with 'International Slogan' such as Malaysia boleh and names of actresses such as Disco Shanti. Sigh! Yet, it was a night of laughter. It was definitely a night to remember.

Krishna & Ranjini - Such shiok company! Thanks guys!