We've began viewing properties whenever we get the time. I must say, it's quite a tedious process.
Much time is spent searching for properties for sale on both www.realestate.com.au and www.domain.com.au. Trust me - it is no easy feat considering the size of sydney and the range of properties available.
Once we've identified properties that seem to meet our requirements, I've to call up the agents, make appointments and inspect the property personally with Mohan & Bheemar.
Recently, we saw this house for $340k at Glendenning. I was so happy it was cheap. Number was 6. 3 bedder. However, it was quite far from Mohan's work place and from the city. Abt 40 min away. That means if there is a jam (which is very common), he could be driving for 1.5 hours easily. (Yes, hav I told u traffic in Sydney can be a killer?!) Plus, it wasn't very safe. The pple living there belong to the lower income bracket and are quite the 'rough' crowd.
We have also seen something we like in Prospect (pic below). House number is 41, so it adds up to 5. 3 bedder. 23 min drive to Mohan's office. Right beside the motorway (expressway). So dun hav to worry so much abt jam. Supermarket within walking distance. Yes! WALKING distance!!!!!! That such a rarity! Abt 15 min away from Mohan's bro's place.
The land space is about 550sq metres. Quite a small lawn actually. So our 2nd dog cannot be big...I was hoping to get a huge scary dog like a Rottweiler or a Mastiff so that I'll feel safer during evening walks or when home alone. But there's no way I wanna put a huge dog in a tiny lawn. Jus not fair. So...I'll have to get a teeny weeny one.
As for safety...it gets a lil tricky...50% of the suburb is surrounded by unsafe suburbs. I think even half the suburb may not be so safe. Rougher crowd. But the part that we are looking at has more beautiful houses (which is usually an indication of safe suburbs). The pple look more educated, wealthy and basically 'safe'. The two parts are separated by a huge park and a busy road leading to the motorway. Hopefully, we'll be safe if we get the house.
The house we are looking at was built in the 70s. So it's kinda old. But the current owners have done a lot of work on it so it looks alright. However, we will have to hire someone to do some foundation, plumbing, wiring and termites check .
We r thinking of making a bid for the house. Once the checks r finished and the reports come out fine, the house will be ours. However, if anyone else makes a higher bid, then we'll have to look for another coz I'm jus not willing to offer anymore for the house.
It’ll cost us a bomb tho. $410k. And we'll be abt $350,000 in loan aft making a deposit of $64,000!!!!! Grrr.....$350,000!!!!!! We r so uncomfy wid de idea. As mentioned earlier, it is jus so scary to take a loan for that much! We didn’t even buy anything in installment since moving here. Honestly, the feeling of being loan free is absolutely blissful and ADDICTIVE.
A part of me wishes that the deal won't get thru so that I can look for houses at lower costs. At the same time, I'm also hoping for it to be settled asap so that I'll have a place to move to in case my current owner finds a buyer. I'm jus so tired of looking for a place! And it's only been abt two weeks.....
