Sunday, August 9, 2009

TOPSY TURVY

Life for me has turned topsy turvy!

Balaraam has brought about so much changes.

I had forgotten all the downs I had gone through when training Bheemar in the beginning. I forgot finding chewed up telephone wires, ripped cushions, pee & poop on the carpets and etc. I forgot hating myself for having to be so strict with Bheemar and repeating "No" to everything. I forgot struggling to get him to walk calmly next to me during our walks. Forgot so much!

Balaraam has brought back the downs of training a dog or having an untrained dog. Broke down yesterday. Yes! I know! Weak!!!! But I was so heartbroken!

Went out for abt 3 hrs and came back home to find Bheemar's favourite soft toy ripped, two books - one a gift from Mohan & one that belonged to a friend - ripped into pieces!!!!!! He had to choose one that didn't belong to me and one that had more sentimental value to destroy.

Think I forgot what doggies are capable of as Bheemz is such an angel. The only things Bheemz rip are the mail that I'm gonna throw away and egg cartons that we give him specifically to chew on. Sigh!!!!! Furthermore, Bheemar knows how to play with his soft toys. He chews on them but never rip them up. He still has his 1st soft toy in pretty good condition.

I jus hate training because u have to be firm, strict & keep saying no to this and that! No peeing here. No pooping there. No jumping on me. No rough play. No biting this. No chewing that.

Both Mohan & I are struggling emotionally as Balaraam is such a timid dog. He's obviously been abused and quite frankly, the guy is just dying to please us. The problem is he doesn't know how to as yet. Feel like we are bullying the poor fella.

Well it's been about 3 days now. Only 3 days....I believe things will get better with time... At least for Balaraam's sake....