Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PREPARING FOR THE ARRIVAL

I've been so excited the past few days. I thought of the doggie and missed him everyday since we left Doggie Rescue last Friday. I've been diligently shopping and preparing for his arrival.

The first task was to find him a name. Homer was a big no-no! At least for me! Mohan was quite tempted to keep the name the same since he dearly idolizes Homer from The Simpsons. Anyway it took us a couple of hours to find him a suitable name but the decision was unanimous.

  • He is about a week or two older than Bheemar.
  • He is super strong - managed to pull Mohan so hard that Mohan had to run behind him.
  • He got Bheemar to play a little gentler within minutes.
Considering what little we know of him, we regard him as the the strong and powerful elder brother who'll keep Bheemar out of mischief. Hence, we couldn't think of a more suitable name than Balaraam for our new arrival :) BALARAAM BALARAAM BALARAAM

Balaraam & Krishna

Once the name was settled, the shopping followed. I got lots of food, biscuits, treats, harness for Balaraam, food bowls, retractable leads and a bed. I've even got new collar tags for both doggies with their names and our numbers engraved. The tags arrived via mail in separate envelopes addressed to them. Their first official mail! Gonna keep the envelopes!

The Engraved Collar Tag

A Very Grumpy and Sleepy Model with the New Collar Tag
(He's wearing my favourite collar. Need to find one more for Balaraam.)

The 3m Retractable Leads

I've been eying those leads for some time now and have finally gotten my hands on them. I bought identical leads for both of them, just like the bowls and the collar tags. Haven't been able to find similar collars yet but I'm sure I'll hunt them down soon.

Ceramic Bowls

My favourite Model with Bowls (He volunteered to pose for this pic)


The bed is big enough for the two of them to cuddle in or stretch and snooze. It is definitely of good quality and I believe, it is pretty durable. The mattress can be used both sides - one for winter and one for summer.

Mattress with Summer side up

I've also been reading up quite a bit about keeping and training two dogs. I've praying real hard that both my boys will get along and be happy always. I hope that the new guy adopts well to us and doesn't miss the Doggie Rescue. I've been sending all my positive thoughts and prayers to the Universe. Hope my genie out there is listening....